Events To Get Your Fangs Stuck Into This Halloween

As much as I love the traditional Halloween activities such as going on the boogie, going shopping for decorations this year I've decided to try something different and really put some research in and find out what goes on around the country this time of the year.
 I wanted to find things that were family friendly, child friendly and others that were absolutely terrifying and believe me when I say there's so much going on around the month of October that really celebrates Halloween. From some of the most known Halloween events to dancing witches on a beach take a look and see if there's anything that catches your eye.

1. Loftus Hall - Wexford
I have never been to Loftus Hall but it's something I've always wanted to do, so what better time to go than on the 666 anniversary? Loftus Hall which is known as the most haunted house in Ireland has terrified people for decades and the history of the house dates way back to the 1350s during the black death.
 Legend has it that one stormy night a ship arrived at the Hook Peninsula which was not far from the mansion. As it was such a miserable night the young man was invited into the house and the daughter of the family Anne and the stranger became very close. One night as the family and the stranger were playing cards Anne bent down to pick up a card she dropped under the table and noticed the stranger had hooves for feet.
 As Anne jumped up screaming the man shot up through the roof leaving a large hole in the roof that cannot be fixed.
Anne soon became mentally ill and was locked away in the mansion so with the devil shooting through the roof and Anne's ghost said to walk the building it really is the perfect place to visit this Halloween.
There's so many events going on around Loftus Hall this Halloween so head over to their website to find out a little bit more.

2. Pumpkin Festival - Clonmel, Tipperary
This is one for the whole family and one I'll definitely be stealing one my little cousins to come with me so I don't look like a complete craze ball going alone as a 21 year old but from visiting the garden centre so much growing up it's definitely a place to go this Halloween.
 There's so much fun activites from picking your pumpkin to carving them to having so much fun and a really cute story about Spookley the square pumpkin which is such a lovely story for the children.

3. The nightmare Realm - Cork & Dublin
It's probably one of the most anticipated Halloween events every year and would you believe it's something I've never been too (and I don't know if I ever will haha) This year it's also being brought to Dublin having originally stated in Cork but you have to admire the hard work and dedication that goes into this event. To find out more about times, bookings etc head over to The Nightmare Realm online.  

4. The Spooky Express - Waterford and Suir Valley Railway (Kilmeaden) 
It's the Halloween event that's most closest to my home and you've only one night to capture this magical adventure. Where this train is based is actually a seriously haunted area so you genuinely do not know what's going to happen. It's one for the whole family and you're definitely going to catch me on the 9pm train that's for sure. Tickets must be booked and paid for before the night. 

5. The Scare Factory- Limerick
The scare factory in Limerick has one of the best locations in the country this year and it's the very haunted King Johns Castle running from the 20th to the 31st of October and it's definitely not for children. As you take a walk through the castle you'll be faced with your biggest fears from evil clowns to zombies it's definitely one of the most terrifying events out there this Halloween. Keep up to date with the event on their facebook page. 

6. Spirits Of Meath 
As a lover of all things Samhain it's a mystery to me how this is my first year finding out about the Spirits of Meath festival thats ran every year, I suppose in reality I did only find out where Meath was located in Ireland this year but none the less this is an event for all Halloween lovers out there and you don't want to miss it. Because I'm located so South of the country I am unsure whether I am able to make the event this year but without a doubt it's on the bucket list for next year. 
From haunted hills to graveyard tours this festival has it all so head over to their website where they can tell you a lot more than I can..all I have to say is..WOW!! 

7. Scarefest Shankill Castle - Kilkenny
The Scare Fest in Kilkenny has something for everyone whether it's a ghost tour for the teens, a wand making class for the kids or an ultimate scare tour for yourself believe me when I say it has something for everyone. I'll focus on the ghost tour but if you want to find out more head over to their web page. The ghost tour will cost you €32 but if you get the early bird it's €28 you get a nighttime candle lit tour of the haunted castle and the graveyard and it's strictly over 15's ..if you want a spook then it's the place to go!! 

8.Huntington Castle - Carlow
I couldn't forget Huntington Castle and if you're a student in Carlow I'd definitely recommend checking out their ghost tours over the Halloween period. They run the ghost tours in this very haunted castle from the 27th to the 31st of October only and it's not one to be missed. At only €11.95 for adults it's the perfect activity to do this Halloween, head over to their page to keep up to date with everything. 

9. House Of Horrors - Waterford

House of Horrors is now in it's 7th year in Waterford it was started as a fundraiser event and is quickly becoming one of the biggest Halloween attractions in the country, before this year I'd actually never heard of the house of horrors (I know, talk about a Waterford born woman) but this year I'm super excited to head down and have a look. It runs for 8 days and to find out more head over to their facebook page. It runs from October 25th to November 1st and I'll be sure to let you know how I get on through the scary maze.

10. Youghalloween Spooktacular - Youghal
 Saving the best for last, like the Spirits of Meath this is something I have just found out about this year and I cannot wait, I'm going there this year with my friends and don't worry I will most definitely post a full review of the event. I came across this event on facebook and saw witches dancing on a beach..yep you heard me!! There's honestly not much I can say other than you need to go and check out this event!! Check out their facebook page to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment